DISTRICT 3060 INTERNATIONAL YOUTH EXCHANGE PROGRAMME 2012-13
From the District 3060 Desk:::
On behalf of the Rotary International District 3060 Youth Exchange Programme, we are inviting applications for youth exchange students for the year 2012- 2013 for the following programmes.
1. Long-term YE (11 months),
2. Short-term YE (3-6 weeks) and
3. New Generations YE (3-6 weeks).
The probable countries with whom exchanges would happen are Germany, France, USA, Brazil, etc.
As per the rules of District 3060 and the guidelines given by Rotary International, the important criteria for selection are mentioned below. Each club willing to sponsor a student must meet the given requirements.
(1) The selection process must be initiated and maintained with the concurrence and decision of the current President, President Elect and Youth Service Director.
(2) Each application must be accompanied by a resolution of the Board of Directors of the club, of the current year. This includes a provision of three host families for the incoming student, each of which will host the student for a minimum duration of three months each. The format of the Resolution is attached herewith.
(3) If there is more than one application and they meet with the criteria of sponsorship, the Club can sponsor all the candidates for the District interview. However, the club must provide a list of at least three host families for each of the candidates sponsored for District selection.
(4) Rotarian and Non-Rotary children are welcome to participate.
(5) The sponsored student’s parents must be well educated and encouraged to take part in Rotary Foundation activities and encouraged to host the student.
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR STUDENTS
1. The student should be above average in his/her studies
2. Should have good command over languages—Gujarati, Hindi, English
3. Must be good in extra-curricular activities
4. Must have good general knowledge and must be familiar with affairs of India and the world.
5. Must have good knowledge of Indian culture
6. The student should be broad minded, flexible and should be able to adapt to new customs and habits.
7. The student for the Long term youth exchange programme must be between 15 and 19 years old as on June 2013. The student for the short term youth exchange programme must be between 15 and 19 years old as on June 2013. For the New Generations Exchange, students between the ages 18 to 25 (June 2013) are welcome to apply. New Generations Exchanges will be Short-Term.
8. The student should be physically fit to participate in the programme. Special Exchange programmes are available for physically challenged students. Their selection criteria are different and Rotary International encourages such exchanges.
9. The parents must be able to financially support the student. While home stay and school education are free, typical costs to be paid by the student include selection process cost, travel, local sightseeing tours, 3060 orientation programmes, and other incidental costs.
10. The parents should give unqualified freedom and support to their ward to participate in the programme.
For more details of the Youth Exchange Program, please visit:
The application form is enclosed with this circular. A Demand Draft of Rs. 3000/- should be drawn in favour of “RI District 306 Trust account IYE” (Please note it is 306 and not 3060), payable at Valsad (Bulsar). The last date for accepting applications is 30th September, 2012. District interviews will be held soon thereafter. The application fees is non refundable. Candidates will be expected to travel with their parents and club representative to the city of the interview as may be notified. The tentative countries for both Long and Short Term programmes are USA, Canada, Germany, Brazil, France etc. Kindly send in your completed forms along with the demand draft, board resolution and other attachments to any of the chairs below. Incomplete applications are likely to be rejected.
If the candidate is selected, they will have to pay participation fees of Rs. 8,000 for short term programme. Rs.13,000 for long term programme and Rs. 18,000 for new generation exchange programme.
We look forward to your club’s enthusiastic participation.
Rtn. Rajneesh Anand
Rtn. Devang Munim
Rtn. Rajiv Tibdewal
Please submit your application to any one of the following as per your convenience.
Rtn. Rajneesh Anand Rtn. Devang Munim
Chairman IYE, Year 2012-2013 Short Term IYE Chairman, year 2012-2013
C/O Richter Themis Medicare Pooja House, 2/860, Ring road, Opp. Sub Jail
Plot no 69A/2, GIDC, Vapi – 396195 Surat – 395007 ,Gujarat, India
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org Mob. No. 9824129547
Ph. No. 9825115530 E-Mail Id. email@example.com
Rtn. Rajiv Tibdewal
NGE IYE Chairman, year 2012-2013
H.O. :- 121. Kunj Resi Plaza,
Bharuch - 392001.( Guj) India
Cell :- 09375646739
E-Mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org